Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Oh Say Can You See ... Oh Canada?

I am one of three De La Salle High School faculty members (that I know of) with connections to Canada.  Two of us are native-born Canadians and the other has family who originally came from Quebec.  In fact, this latter person's first cousin was the parish priest of the parochial French Immersion school called Ecole Saint Sacrement that I attended as a youngster.  What a small world!  

I display my Canadian pride quite loudly in the Campus Ministry-Student Life Office!
Elsewhere in the Campus Ministry-Student Life Office there is a calendar helping to keep our events organized.  However ... "oh say can you see" something fishy about this particular calendar?

What's with September 25? 


Captain Picard and Commander Riker would not be happy about this ...


... I would hazard a guess that even they would know that Canada Day is on July 1st!